Friday, January 30, 2009

What? Wine...Me?

I'm new to wine...I got some left overs from a "wines from around the world wine tasting" (that I'm now kicking myself that I didn't go to.) So there was about a 1/16 of a bottle left and a friend (another dry lover-Thanks Angi!) held others back, stuck this tiny bit in her purse and said try this...well, blow me down. I. Now. Like. Wine.
No. I mean: I REALLY like wine.
So much that I went out and bought my own bottle.



From the vineyards of Conde de Valdemar, a Crianza 2004 vintage, from tempranillo grapes in Spain. As always dry, dry, dry. We had this with pasta alfredo and Mmmmm. Near perfect, a little overpowering for the alfredo.... Then I tried it with an almond biscotti and WOW! Definitely perfect! It would go good with BOLD meals....Hmmmmm... something spicey with tomatoes.

Is it wrong to fix meals to go with a wine...?

No. I think not. I think it is just like making a necklace and then needing to find clothes to go with it. And that is just fine in my book.

OH! Check out the fabulous wine glass I bought from Water Street Glassworks in the Arts District of Benton Harbor... Just look at that stem it is HOLLOW! Blown by the fabulous Becky Wehmer.

Now all is complete.


No comments: