Saturday, November 22, 2008

You gotta' hand it to that girl Nancy...

She comes up with some of the best ideas. My friend Nancy passed this fun ring display idea on to me, thanks Nancy! And if you think that is a great idea you have got to see her work at her her etsy store. Wonderful I tell ya'!
I decided to make my hands multi-functional so I hung some of them from little hooks to show off bangles.
I used some scrap bits of marine grade 4mm plywood (from a friend), traced my hand on a piece of paper, cut it out, transferred the patterns onto the wood, cut out one set with my handy-dandy scroll saw, sanded the rough spots, used the first set as a pattern to trace out more, cut them all, sanded some more, painted some and VOILA!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

Vicki, your hands came out way nicer than mine! Kudos to you, they look spectacular! So fun and functional, what a great way to display your bracelets and rings! I am going to copy you next time and use some plywood instead of the foamcore.
I love them!

Sarah said...

Hey!!
Those look great!
They don't look like gang signs at all. :)

Vicki said...

Ooooo Nancy *blush* Thanks!

Gang signs *eeekkk*