Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall

Today was the first full day of fall, it's starting to feel like it. Not the temperatures, highs are still in the upper 70s, but the way the light is angling, it's changing. The air is different too. Nice.



I've been making leaves, I didn't realize it but they fit the season. It's been a couple of years since I've made these and I still love making them. They have this ruffle along the edge that is just amazing, I mean it starts as a flat disk then I take my cross peen hammer and hammer along the edge in a fairly specific pattern, saw the disk into quarters, then use the cross peen some more and it ruffles! Just like fabric....but it's metal! Each one is a wonder to me, honestly, a wonder.

2 comments:

nancyrosetta said...

Send me those earrings!
Don't think... just do it!

I love them, they are so rustically elegant!

Vicki said...

They are great aren't they? I love mine. Now, go make yourself a pair! :-D You know you can!