Friday, December 11, 2009

A work progresses

Back in September I had a new friend bring me an image of a 1960's era pendant out of Georg Jensen studios and ask if I would take a look at it to see if I would be inspired by it to design a pendant for her. She was willing to wait until I was ready so I decided to give it a go.

After a couple goes at prototypes, I struck on some design changes that are good, very minor shifts of the rectangles improved the proportions, opening it up on all sides gives it a lighter feel and appearance than the direction I was going.


I'm so glad I get to take my time with this piece, it calls for such precision and I'm not used to working within such precise measurements, sawing, filing or symmetry. I've had to try some techniques I haven't used before to hit those lines and measurements, I like that.


So far so good on this prototype, Ann is pleased with the design and is excited to have seen it progress. I plan to do another prototype in copper before I work it in silver.

Now my brain is filled with new ideas, spinning off this design, brooches, earrings...must, Must, MUST make them.

1 comment:

carol said...

Its looking good Vicki, cant wait to see it in silver, though I do like copper